Addington Family

Addington Family

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Baby Boy #3

Last August we found out we were expecting another baby. My first ultrasound was scheduled on Aidan's first day of school. Going into the ultrasound I just had a feeling that the news may not be great. When the sac was pulled up on the screen, I knew right away something was wrong. There was nothing in the sac at all. It was completely black. Of course, the tech could not tell me one way or the other what was going on, so we had to wait to hear from my doctor. She told us that we could be "cautiously optimistic"...whatever that means. A couple of weeks later we went back for another ultrasound and once again there was nothing developed in the sac and it had misshapen. Instead of having a D&C again like I did with our last miscarriage. I decided to wait it out. About two weeks later my body passed it naturally. Those two day were awful, but thankfully everything passed the way it was supposed to.

Fast forward a couple of months and a very rough night of throwing up after a Christmas party, where I had two glasses of wine. I had a feeling something just wasn't right. And sure enough that following Monday I took a test and it was positive!!

That first ultrasound was so important to us, but going into it I just felt so much peace. And sure enough there on the screen was a tiny little blob in the sac with a flickering heart beat. Praise God!!

This pregnancy has gone so well and I am so thankful for this new life that God has given us. About a month and a half ago the boys, Trent and I made our way into the ultrasound for our 20 week check up. We were kind of split on thinking if it would be a boy or a girl. After checking everything out and making sure baby was healthy and growing the way it was supposed to be. Praise God again! The tech pulled up the gender picture and there I could see two legs and a little thing in between. She told us we would be growing our football team with another BOY!! Looks like Momma is surrounded :)

We are so extremely thankful for this sweet boy God has given us and Aidan and Ace are so excited to have another brother :)



Baby boy Addington due August 17th!!

"Before I formed you in the wombI knew you, before you were born I set you apart;" Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment