The Monday after Easter the boys and I planned on heading out to PopPop's farm, but when Ace woke up his eyes were all red and puffy and I just had a feeling that he had an ear infection. So first thing that morning we headed to an urgent care clinic and sure enough he had an infection. We dropped off his prescription then headed out to PopPop's! It seems like every time we have gone out to visit it has been rainy, but we had a beautiful day and both the boys had a blast checking out the farm!
This was Ace's first "real" visit to the farm and he was over the moon!
So glad I was able to get this picture!!
Tuesday we went and had lunch with Melissa and then that evening we met Poppa Shish and Grandma K for dinner at Red Robin.
Early Wednesday morning Poppa dropped me off at the airport, to start the trip to NYC! A few weeks earlier Trent had surprised me with the news that we were going to NY together. The boys were going to spend a few days with Mom-Mom and Poppa and we were going to take a little baby moon trip, just the two of us!
Trent and I met at the Chicago airport then flew to Newark together.
Before we had left, Aidan and I had talked about the police that rode horses in NY, and sure enough one of the first things we saw in NY was a policeman on a horse :)
That first day we just walked around and took in some sights. We checked out the NY Public Library.
Had some pizza and carved our names in a table in Greenwich Village :)
Then we waited and waited and waited to get to the top of the Empire State Building, where it was so extremely windy that by the time we got up there, we took some pictures, walked around and then headed back down..ha!
On Thursday we did A LOT more walking, and checked out some more sights.
We walked around Central Park and visited Strawberry fields.
We had lunch at a cool little diner near Central Park, then walked ALL the way down to check out the bull, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
On the ferry ride out to Liberty Island.
That's the Freedom Tower behind us.
It was just a tad windy :) hahaha
After dinner that night we made our way over to Serendipity and enjoyed some cheesecake and a frozen hot chocolate. Yum!!!
Friday was our last full day in the city and we walked some more, but also caved in and took an Uber quite a bit :)
We visited the World Trade Center museum and oh my, it was so amazing and so very very sad.
After that, we quickly made our way through the Museum of Natural History.
Our legs were so tired!!
The whole time we were in there we both kept saying how much Aidan would LOVE the museum :)
That night we had dinner at Mario Batalli's restaurant, and lets just say it was very very nice and these Arkansans were a little out of place. But I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!! hahaha
Saturday morning we got up and headed to the airport and made our way back to NWA to see our buddies. I am so glad that Trent and I got to take this trip together, we made some wonderful memories and did I mention that we walked a lot!! ;)
And while we were away, Aidan and Ace had a pretty fabulous time with Mom-Mom, Poppa, Sissy and Herb. I don't even think they knew we were gone :)
"Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." Mark 10:9






















No comments:
Post a Comment