Addington Family

Addington Family

Monday, April 23, 2012

When I Grow Up

I titled this post "When I Grow Up" because last week Aidan and I were in the exercise room here at the condo when the recycle truck pulled up to get the recycling from the condo. Aidan saw it and got super excited and turned to me and told me very seriously "momma, when I grow up I want to be a cycle truck driver." I wanted to make sure that I got this in the post because it was his first time to ever say what he wanted to be when he grew up, and I would love to be able to tell him when he gets older that when he was little he wanted to be a cycle truck driver :)

This past Friday was Aidan's eye appointment with the specialist about his strabismus. Before we saw the specialist he was checked by the assistants and they all could tell that he did have strabismus and they had to dilate his eyes, which was very difficult and very dramatic! We had to wait for the dilation to happen and both Trent and I knew when it did because Aidan started saying over and over again that "everything looked funny." We made it in to see the doctor and he did his thing and informed us that Aidan's strabismus was the exotropia kind in which his eyes turn out when he is focusing on something. He told us that on a scale of it being a small, medium, or large issue Aidan's was a medium issue. The first step in trying to correct it is that for the next month Aidan needs to wear a patch on one eye for one hour a day, alternating sides for one month. Hopefully this will help his strabismus and no further steps will be needed, we go back to the doctor in a month to see if it helped and what to do next. 

This past Halloween Aidan was a pirate, so to get him to wear his patch we pretend that he is a pirate and he wears his costume :) Also the first two days mommy wore a patch with him. 


Pirate Aidan!

Saturday morning the Addington clan woke up bright and early so mommy could go run a last minute 5k race. My goal was to run it in 25 mins and I ended up running it in 25.33 mins. I was a little short but I gave it my all and I was still excited! I never would have thought that I would ever be a runner but I really enjoy it and I have made some new friends, who are also runners, and they are such an encouragement to me. Also I have two of the best fans and they are always waiting for me at the finish line cheering me on! 


After the race we got to watch Jack while his mommy went to an appointment. He is such a sweet little guy and he and Aidan play so well together! We also started packing for our big move this next weekend woo hoo!

Silly boys

Sunday we had a pretty easy day. We went to church and the band 'Museum' led worship for the service and they were great! 

This morning Aidan and I woke up and headed to a strawberry farm with Jack and his mommy to pick some yummy strawberries! The small farm also had some chickens and the boys loved looking at all of them. We picked a bucket full of strawberries and had so much fun! 

Aidan and Jack checking out the chickens

Aidan picking some strawberries

Aidan and Jack with their buckets full of strawberries :)

Handsome boys! 

After leaving the strawberry farm we headed to Chick-fil-A for some lunch. When we ordered our food we got a nice surprise...after placing our order the cashier picked up a cowbell and rang it. Brooke and I looked at each other like "what is going on?" we almost expected a cow to come out and start dancing or something :) the guy told us that we were the 100th customer of the day and that our meal was free! Very nice surprise indeed!

We made it home and Aidan and I cleaned our strawberries and cut them up and made a batch of strawberry shortcake topping for Shish (well really for all of us :). This week is going to be super busy but oh so exciting! We are looking forward to moving into our new house and finding out what God has in store for this next step in our lives together.



"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

1 comment:

  1. The Chik-fil-a surprise was awesome! What a fun time we had with the berries too! I want to go again before they are all gone but I doubt we will make it up there with everything we have going on. BTW - Aidan makes a great pirate, and I am praying that his eyes will be corrected with the patches! It was a fun week hanging out so much! Gonna be a hard few weeks with you guys gone!!!

    ReplyDelete