Addington Family

Addington Family

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend of Celebration

This past weekend was a very busy and fun weekend for the Addington Family! It all started Thursday afternoon when we picked up Mom-mom and Poppa at the airport and then that evening we picked up Sissy. We were all so excited to see them! 

Friday morning we all woke up and headed to the zoo (Shish had to work so he wasn't able to go). Aidan was so excited to see all the animals! It was kind of chilly but it ended up being perfect because all the animals were out and we were able to see almost every one of them. Aidan was our map reader and it was so funny because Poppa was carrying him on his shoulders for most of the time and Aidan was looking at the map in front of him and it hung down in front of Poppa's face. The best part was that Aidan really had no idea that Poppa couldn't see. It was so cute!


Friday night we all went and ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurant finds, Phish Phood. After dinner we headed home to get ready for Aidan's Birthday Party. Let's just say, it was a LONG night. I had this grand idea to make Aidan's birthday cake from scratch. We got a late start anyway but when the cake was finally baked and we pulled it out it did not look right at all. By this time it was close to midnight and Shish kindly went to the store to get me a box of funfetti cake mix. While I was making my second cake my made from scratch cupcakes finished baking and much to my dismay when I pulled them out they looked a little off too! Shish had fallen asleep, so Sissy and I headed to the store to get another box of funfetti cake mix (actually we got two, because by golly I was not going back to the store!) by this time it was about one o'clock in the morning. Everyone else had fallen asleep, except for Mom-mom, Sissy and myself. So while we got busy finishing the cake and the cupcakes we all jammed out to some N'sync...it was awesome! At about 2:30 I finally made it to bed.

Early Saturday morning we all got up and got ready for the birthday party. Before we headed to the park Aidan got his presents from Mommy and Shish. He got his first fishing pole and first set of golf clubs. He was pretty excited and I know Shish is excited to take him and teach him about his hobbies :)


The birthday party was a success and a lot of our new friends were able to make it! The weather ended up being perfect and we had no problem getting everything all set up.

Aidan's redo home made 4th birthday cake :)

Blowing out the candle

After the party we all headed up to Loganville to see Aunt Lexi. (Another one of Aidan's favorite women :) We had a cookout and just enjoyed spending some time together.

When we got home we had another busy night. Aidan and I made Resurrection cookies and then Aidan and Mom-mom colored some eggs. We got to bed a little earlier than the night before, we were all exhausted!

Coloring eggs with Mom-mom

Easter morning we all woke up and started getting ready for church. Aidan and I checked out our Resurrection cookies and took time to talk about why they were empty and how it symbolized that on the third day Christ was risen! It is so important to us that Aidan understands why we celebrate Easter and why it is important to celebrate it every day.

After we were ready Aidan got to "open up" his Easter basket then we headed off to church. The service was great and so was Sunday School!

After church we decided to go look at our NEW HOUSE!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! We signed the lease this past week and we are so excited to move in in May! We definitely have made some great memories in our condo but we are so ready for more space! While we were there we got to meet some of our new neighbors and everyone was so nice.

When we made it back to the condo we took some family pictures outside in our Easter attire :)


After eating a late Easter lunch (which I made all by myself!) Aidan got to hunt some eggs. He was much more into it this year and had a blast finding all the eggs, twice!


After the egg hunt we had to take Sissy back to the airport because she had classes the next day :(

When we made it back home Shish, Poppa and Aidan headed to the golf course to try out Aidan's new clubs.  He really likes to play and I'm such a proud momma because he is doing really good for such a little guy!

My favorite boys!

My little golfer :)

Monday was Aidan's actual birthday and we all woke up that morning and got ready to go eat breakfast before taking Mom-mom and Poppa to the airport. I can't even describe how blessed we feel to have such a precious boy, I love him so much and can not imagine my life without him! I can't believe he is already 4. He is so smart and has such a kind heart. Plus he is the cutest 4 year old boy in the whole wide world if I do say so myself :)

The birthday boy showing how old he is

After taking Mom-mom and Poppa to the airport, we headed to the toy store to spend his money that he got from Poppa Shish and Grandma K for his birthday. He also managed to get a couple more presents from Momma and Shish as well :)

That afternoon we got to get a special birthday ice cream and it was yummy!

That night we cooked out with Jack and his mommy and daddy. We had so much fun and ate left over cupcakes for desert!

After dinner I made yet another batch of cupcakes for Aidan's school today so they could celebrate Aidan's birthday with him. I think it's safe to say that I don't plan on baking any more cupcakes or cakes for awhile :)

This weekend was such a great time of celebration not only did we celebrate the greatest gift of all, our Savior's sacrifice and resurrection, but we also got to celebrate my sweet boy's birthday! I'm so glad that Mom, Dad and Ariel got to spend the weekend with us. I love my family so much and it's always bittersweet when they get to visit but I'm so glad they did! 


"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting all weekend on this post!!!

    So glad Aidan had a great birthday and I wish we could've celebrated with you guys.

    And wow - what an awesome house! Can't wait to visit you all. So proud of how you are teaching him Christ in all things!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy to get a glimpse into your life with your precious boy! I think Aidan and my Isaiah (who also recently turned 4) would get along really well. :) What a fun weekend of celebrating, and congratulations on finding a house!
    Blessings to you,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete