The past couple weeks for the Addington family have been the busiest so far since we have lived in Atlanta. We are gradually adjusting to our life here in Georgia. Aidan has become a little artist in the past couple months and has really gotten into painting and drawing pictures. I'm loving it :)
This picture he did while I was doing laundry or something and he came to me
and told me he had painted monster trucks...I mean I may be biased but these
are some pretty good looking monster trucks ;)
Another piece of his art work
The Artist with his work!
Our little man has also became an outdoors man as well. Shish and Aidan have gone fishing a few times in the past few weeks and he has loved every minute of it. When they were out one morning Shish told Aidan to be careful around the water because he didn't want him to fall in. Aidan looked at him and said "it's okay Shish, God is with me I'll be okay". When Trent told me this I about cried and told Aidan that he was right, God was with him. But Shish was quick to point out that even though God is with us we don't need to jump into the Chattahoochee river in January or ever :)
Our little fisherman!
Last week we picked up Aidan a little putter to start practicing golf. We went to a local golf course and worked on putting for a little while. Aidan loved it and so did Trent :) He did really well and picked up on it quickly.
I've also been adventurous...in the Kitchen. Like many other women, I am addicted to Pinterest and have been playing around with a lot of recipes. So far they have all been delicious!
For Sunday School I made these cheerio cluster things. They were SO good and a big hit!
Last Monday Aidan and I were invited to go to the zoo with our friends Brooke and Jack. We had so much fun and it was a perfect day to spend outside! We practically closed the zoo down :)
Aidan and Jack playing on the teeter-totter
The elephants were out and we got to spend quite a bit of time looking at them. They were very active and the boys loved it!
On the Kamodo Dragon
Next to the Gorilla
At the petting zoo. Aidan loved it and didn't want to leave! One of the goats name was Ariel so we were excited that there was a Sissy goat :)
Aidan started in Awanas a couple weeks ago and is really enjoying but I just recently took a picture of him in his vest. So handsome!
In these past couple weeks Aidan and I have been to many play dates with our new friends from Sunday School. It has been great for us because I do feel like we are starting to make a life here in Atlanta. Last Thursday night our Sunday School teacher held a Girls Night Out party for all the mom's we had such a blast and I am so glad God has put these women in my life. We all get along so well and enjoy hanging out.
I still have my sad moments here in Atlanta especially missing my parents, Ariel and my friends from AR. I figure I'm a work in progress but I do think I am progressing...slowly but surely.
For Super Bowl Sunday we went up to Jack's condo and "watched" the game. However for most of the time we ate, talked and watched the boys be silly. We had a blast!
This next weekend we are headed to Monticello to see Sissy play basketball and Mom-Mom and Poppa are meeting us there. We can't wait to see them! January was a great month for the Addington clan and we are looking forward to what February holds.
"He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." James 1:18

What a great little artist!!! He'll have to draw some more with Anna and Holly when you guys come up. :) Those are the best monster trucks I think I've ever seen. :D
ReplyDeleteI love that he already has such a sweet faith in God! And I also love that you guys get to fish in the Chattahoochee. :o)
I'm also very glad that you guys are getting so active with other "family" from your church. Still praying for you!
Can't wait to see you all! Love you bunches!!!