Addington Family

Addington Family

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Aaron Gene Addington

So baby boy finally decided to make his appearance, 5 days past due ;)
Aaron Gene Addington arrived on August 22, 2016 at 3:02 pm
Height: 20 1/2 in
Weight: 9 lbs (!!)

So here is the story...
I had a doctor's appointment on Monday to see how I was progressing. That morning I had been having a few back pains and was getting kind of uncomfortable, but nothing too major. Since I was past my due date (5 days) we decided that if I didn't go into labor that day that I would go in Tuesday morning to be induced. I was so ready to have our baby!
At the appointment my doctor stripped my membranes (yikes!) and told me best case scenario I would go home, have a nice lunch then go into labor. In my head I was thinking, this baby is never going to come out. Ha!
I got home from the appointment and was starting to feel more and more uncomfortable with some back pain thrown in here and there. Trent had come home to watch Ace for me, I told him that he should head back to work, but maybe plan on coming home earlier because I wasn't feeling the greatest. So he left and went back to work and Ace and I were playing trains and my back pain just kept coming and was definitely consistent. I downloaded a contraction timer (still not sure at this point if it was really contractions I was feeling..it was my first time to go into labor naturally), and they were timing about 3 minutes apart. So I called my doctor office and described what I was feeling. The nurse told me, that yes those were contractions I was feeling! Still not sure..haha..I called Cindy and she also told me that I was probably having contractions :)
I called Trent and told him that he should probably head home (he had only been back to work for like 20 minutes ha!), then I called my mom, dad and sister and they all started making there plans.
Mom and Trent got to the house (what should be a 25 minute drive for mom, she made it in 15!) Trent and I loaded up and drove to the hospital, while my mom stayed with Ace until my dad could get there. 
I made it to the triage room, where they checked me in. At this point I was dilated to a 6 and my contractions were coming every 2 minutes or so. The nurse had to hurry up and get me to the room and get me all set up. She was moving quickly!
My mom and sister made it to the room and they broke my water (I was dilated to a 7), and what felt like just a few minutes later, I was ready to push. About 4 pushes later, baby boy made his appearance!
He was perfect!! And I praise God for his safe, healthy and quick delivery!


Daddy and his youngest son. 
This man right here works so hard for our family and I am so thankful that God put him in my life and that we get to do this crazy life together. 

We had a few visitors before they cleaned Aaron up and weighed him.
His big brothers were so excited to meet him!!

Ace wasn't quite sure at first, but with Bubba's help he figured it out :)

 PopPop and Michelle were in the waiting room and were there to say hello to their newest great grandson!

The nurses got him all cleaned up and measured and weighed him.
When they first measured him, the scale said 9 lbs 1 oz and Trent and I were both surprised.
I was kind of skeptical, seeing that Ace was only 7lb 3oz, so I asked the nurse to weight him again. And he weighed at 9lbs exactly!! What?!?!
We were all taken aback by how big he was!

What's funny is during his delivery the nurses and the doctor kept saying that he was a big boy, but I was so in the zone, that I didn't pay much attention. I just wanted him out! But they were right, he was a big healthy boy! Praise God!





After we both got cleaned up, we headed to our new room. Everyone was there waiting for us.
Mom-Mom and Poppa with their third grandson. :) So thankful for my parents and all the help they gave us and are still giving us! Mom and Ariel were so encouraging during my labor and I am incredibly thankful for that.

Poppa Shish and Grandma were there, and Aaron makes grandchild number 9 for them!!

I was SO hungry!! But didn't quite find the hospital food very appetizing, but somebody sure did ;)

So thankful for my sister and her boyfriend Herb and all their support!

Biggest brother was all about the baby!! He has been such a wonderful helper and can not get enough of baby Aaron!

He was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Aaron in this picture. My heart melted.

Big. Middle. And Little. 
I'm a thankful Mama!!

Precious boy.

Trent and the big boys went home that night and got some rest. The next day Aidan went to school and Daddy and Ace came to the hospital. Ace got some good lovin's in and was so sweet with his little brother.
Still can't believe Ace is a Big brother!!


Melt my heart again.

Jeanne and Sarah were in town and stopped by to visit. We were so happy to see them!

That afternoon, our family of 5 got to head home. 
We were all ready for mama and baby bubba to be home!



Our family is complete and I can not thank God enough for the blessings he has given us.






1 comment:

  1. I am in tears!!! I can't wait to see you all and get my hands on those precious boys!

    ReplyDelete