Addington Family

Addington Family

Monday, February 15, 2016

Beginning of 2016

So far 2016 hasn't been too crazy. We have some fun and exciting things waiting for us this year, but January and February have been pretty relaxing. We have spent some time with friends and had a lot of fun family time!



Aidan's second front tooth was literally hanging by a thread for like two weeks, and he would walk around with it like this. I called him snaggle tooth and he thought it was the funniest thing ever! 

We went to Sky Zone with some friends on MLK day, and the boys jumped to their hearts content :)


This kid right here can drive me so crazy, and then turns around and gives me this smirk and I melt. 
I am in big trouble.

Acey boy was invited to a friend's birthday party at a big play center. This kid is a daredevil. He climbed way up in it and had the best time!


Ace and his pal Phoebe 

A few weeks ago, Ace woke up with red puffiness under his eyes and just kind of snotty.
I figured it was just allergies. We spent the weekend just hanging out at home and when I took him in to the doctor on Monday, poor buddy had an ear infection.
A few days on antibiotics and he was feeling much better!!

Aidan finally lost his snaggle tooth at school, eating ice cream.
He took a selfie when he got home :)

He looked so different with both of them gone, but still so handsome ;)


 The boys got matching shoes and were showing them off.

Just brothers watching a movie together :)

Big brother reading little brother a book.

Playing trains with Daddy.


It "warmed" up for a couple of days (in the upper 20's), so Ace and I took Dixie out for a little winter stroll.

Mr. Kevin and Daddy were out of town so we had Mrs. Tracy and Henry over for dinner one night.
They were playing school and Mrs. Tracy was the teacher :)

Opposite/backwards day at school.


Ace's choice of attire one evening hahaha

On another "warm" day we took Dixie for a walk and met up with Mrs. Tracy and Henry.
Love this picture of these two sweet boys.

Then a snowstorm hit. We got about a foot of snow!

You know..just plowing our driveway.

He is fascinated with snow plows and shovels. He was watching all our neighbors work on clearing their driveways :)

Aidan has been taking piano lessons for a few weeks and loves it!
He needed a piano with heavier keys so we went to this great piano resale shop and bought our a new-to-us piano. Exciting stuff!

Aidan and I took Dixie for a walk last weekend and he climbed up the "snow mountains" in his school parking lot :)

For the Superbowl we went to our friend's the Braatz house, ate a ton of buffalo wings and kind of watched the game haha I didn't get any pictures though :(

Last Tuesday Mia came over to hang out with us for a couple of hours. Ace loved having a "baby" around, he gave her a LOT of hugs. Mia wasn't overly impressed :)

This past Thursday Ace and I went to a Valentine's craft party at a local kid's art studio.
I ended up doing most of the craft, but I think we both had a really fun time!





After making our craft we went and played with some friends, then headed home for lunch and a nap.
When I went to get Ace up from his nap, he was running a pretty good temperature and I could just tell he was not feeling well at all.

We came down stairs and had a snack of raspberries and he pretty much immediately threw them up. So as soon as daddy got home, Ace and I headed for the walk in clinic. After two hours of being there, it was determined that he just had a virus. We came home, gave him some medicine, and then he ate dinner!! It was crazy, he was totally acting normal, and the next day he was pretty much all the way back to his normal self. 


That next morning I was run/walking on my treadmill and Ace found Aidan's helmet ;)

Since we had to cancel our plans for the day, we decided to go have lunch with Daddy. I put on a show for Ace while I was getting ready and looked out and found this. :)

Since we had to miss small group that night, we ended up ordering pizza, watching Chipwrecked and having a dance party. Best night.
 Saturday we just hung out at home, got haircuts, then Molly came over to watch the boys, while Trent and I had a date night with some friends. Valentine's day morning we woke up and had breakfast. The boys had V-day donuts :)

We went and had Mexican for lunch and then did some grocery shopping.
Ace can't put his thumbs up, so he just sticks up his pointer fingers :)

Aidan was out of school for President's Day so we headed to the zoo and brought along his buddy Miles.

I could not get Ace to look at me, and the boys thought it was hilarious :)

Checking out the "gish"



2016 has been a great year so far, can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment