Once again I find myself trying to catch up on the blog. We just got our computer back (due to having to wait on a back ordered part) and in the mean time, we have had a lot going on!
Here we go...
We have been busy every Saturday with soccer...well the day's we haven't been rained out!
We went into this soccer season with the hopes that Aidan would have fun
and just get out there and try his best.
He has done awesome! In the past few games he has really broken out of his shell and played
hard. A few games ago he scored his first goal! And with that Aidan the soccer player emerged :)
His confidence grew so much and now he loves playing soccer and can't wait for his next game.
Sad thing is this Saturday is our last game :(
He's the tall lanky one in the gray uniform :)
Half time of every game they do a devotional for all the teams. Trent is the head
coach of the team (which I secretly love) and this picture is so funny because while the devotional was
going on all the players sat right around Trent :)
We've gone fishing quite a bit :)
Easter weekend our Sunday School class had an egg hunt at our teacher's house. It
was a rainy Easter day so this is the only egg hunt we got in.
We colored just a few eggs, none of us are really fans of hard boiled eggs so I didn't want
to ruin a whole carton. But Aidan REALLY wanted to color some so we did!
Easter morning we woke up bright and early and Aidan checked out his Easter basket
from Mommy and Daddy.
Ready for church :)
We celebrate Aidan's 5th birthday!
5....I can't believe my baby is a whole hand old!
His choice of what to do on his birthday...fishing of course!
We made a trip to Wal-Mart (his choice) to pick out his birthday presents.
All he wanted was bug collecting tools, he loves nature :)
Mommy is having to learn how to do boy things and get over my
girly tendencies.
After we finished our shopping trip we had a frozen yogurt snack :)
And for his birthday dinner he chose Red Robin
I am seriously in denial about my baby turning 5! How did it happen?!
This Mommy is not ready.
The next day he got to celebrate his birthday at school and he wanted to wear
his crown most of the day :)
That Friday morning out most favorite people made it to our house :)
Mom-Mom, Poppa, Sissy and Luke were able to come in for Aidan's birthday party and we are so glad they did!
Aidan had an eye appointment check up and Sissy and Mom-Mom came with us.
Saturday we celebrated Aidan's 5th birthday at Monkey Joe's.
His birthday party was shark themed and I know he had the best time! It was a great celebration of turning 5!
Aidan with Avery and Addy
Aidan and JackBo
Aidan with Ellery and Emmy
Ryan
These kids were all over the place and I'm not the quickest photographer but Ryan
was an excellent poser for me :)
So were Avery and Ella
How cute are these girlies :)
Aidan with Ray and Josh
His buddies from school
Cake time :)
A local bakery made the cake for us and I was so excited about how it turned out!
Aidan loved it! And not only did it look awesome, it tasted SO good!!
A couple weeks later, I flew to Arkansas to attend the Women of Joy conference with Mom-Mom and Sissy. As always we had the best time, I look forward to the WofJ weekend every year!
While I was gone the boys had quite the adventure...
They went fishing and Maggie decided to go for a swim.
Trent sent me this picture and I laughed SO hard, and I know I know poor Maggie, but come on
this is a hilarious picture!
They flew a kite
And Mommy made the mistake of leaving my phone in GA, and when I came back
and looked through my pictures I found this one :)
I love these silly boys of mine!
The conference was great! Charles Billingsly was the worship leader and he is so funny
and such a nice guy.
A couple weekends ago we had the chance to see Disney on Ice.
Aidan got to bring home Little Frog from school and take care of him for a week, so he
got to join us for the show.
The show's characters included some of the cast from Cars, Little Mermaid, Tinker Bell and the Toy Story crew.
Aidan LOVED Cars and Toy Story but got a little bored with Ariel and Tinker Bell.
Mommy loved it though :)
We had a Fantastic Mother's Day weekend!
It all began Friday with a Mother's Day program at Aidan's school. It was so sweet!
By far my favorite song they sang :)
Saturday Aidan had a soccer game and scored two goals. He was on top of the world! Mommy and
Daddy got to have a date night that night as well. Sunday morning we got up and headed to church and then had lunch with friends after. That afternoon the weather was amazing so we went for a hike up
Sawnee Mountain. We had the best day! I feel so blessed to be a Mommy to this sweet boy and God is continuing to bless our family every day!
On top of the mountain with Mommy...
and with Daddy.
Tuesday Aidan and I headed to a local strawberry farm and loaded up on some yummy strawberries :)
Our strawberry loot :)
Next we have Pre-K graduation...we will see how well Mommy holds up.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8
There are SO many things about this post that I LOVE!!!
ReplyDelete*The players huddled around Trent - too cute!
*Aidan's expression with his Easter basket. :)
*Sweetest and cutest 5 year old I know!
*Poor Maggie!
*That song! :) Very cute!
Love love love you guys and can't wait to see you again!!!