Addington Family

Addington Family

Monday, March 25, 2013

Catching Up

It has been two months since my last post, so this post is going to be a condensed version of what we have been doing for the past two months! Our main laptop is having some issues and it could take a while to get it all fixed up, so currently I am using our Dell mini. Let's just say it's not the easiest computer to use, but I didn't want to wait any longer to do a post.
 
We always spend Valentine's Day as a family and it's our tradition to eat pizza for
dinner. Aidan had school and Daddy came back from a work
trip and we ended the day by eating at Mellow Mushroom.
 
One of my loves :)
 
We went to two birthday parties. Our neighbor friend "other" Aidan and
sweet Princess Ella's birthday :)
 
Aidan with Cat in the Hat at "other" Aidan's birthday

 
Singing Happy Birthday to Ella
 
We went to the Ringling Brothers Circus.
 
Aidan fell asleep during the show and
missed the whole second half!
But Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed it :)
 
 
We got ready for our new family member :)
 
We made a trip to Arkansas. Mom-Mom had a bit of a health scare but it
ended up being nothing serious. We spent a long weekend with
all our family and got this little pup.
 
Maggie!
 
 We visited PopPop's farm, of course!
 
We had dinner with Poppa Shish and the whole crew at Uncle Dane's new
house.
 
I love when the cousins get to play together :)
Aidan and Brady
 
We got to hold a Kangaroo! Aunt Cindy and Kayla
are taking care of this little girl for a while.
 
Once again it was sad to leave our family but we got to come home
with our little puppy. It was a LONG 12 hour drive!
 
These next two pictures crack me up!! They were taken
just 5 minutes apart.
 
Tired little buddies :)
 
Aidan had another field trip, this time to a gymnastics center.
I was nervous, because I didn't know how much he would want to do.
But he did so great and was so brave!
 
I love seeing his confidence building!
 
We started Soccer!
Daddy is the head coach :)
Aidan has only played in one game so far, the weather hasn't
been the greatest, but he did awesome!
He got out there and chased the ball with all the other 3-5 year olds :)
 
We got a boat...yes a boat.
I think we will enjoy a lot of time outdoors this summer!
 
Aidan began speech therapy through the county.
He has his sessions at the Elementary school we are zoned for.
 
Here he is walking back with his therapist. (Who we both love!)
I know that I may be a little over emotional but it was hard picturing him going to school.
Walking down the hall, he looked so small. My sweet boy is growing up way too fast!
 
And talk about growing up too fast, check this out!
His Pre-K graduation picture :(
I'm not ready for this.
 
So through this whole process of waiting to get Maggie,
Daddy has claimed that he did not want her and that he wasn't going to like her.
 
This picture says it all.
(Look carefully, that's her head poking up out of the blanket:)
 
This last week Trent and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary!
We had a date night last Saturday and
on Tuesday (our actual anniversary) we ate sushi together as a family.
 
Daddy's not a huge fan, but he loves me SO much that he sacrificed
his dinner for me :)
 
We have a lot of fun stuff coming up, including a certain little boy's 5th birthday!
 
Yay Spring!
 
"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." Mark 10:6-9
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Those pics of Aidan and Maggie awake and then asleep is probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!!
    A kangaroo and a boat! And soccer!
    So much fun!
    Can't wait to see you guys again!
    Love you all mucho!

    (I'm extremely happy and relieved too that Mom-mom had nothing more than a scare!:)

    ReplyDelete