After our wonderful vacation, we found ourselves back in the real world (which really isn't too bad...although we do miss hearing the ocean outside of our window :)
Monday morning Aidan and I woke up and headed to the library for story time and to borrow some books. I love doing this with Aidan because he enjoys it so much, which makes me happy because I LOVE to read!
Here he is acting like some type of animal :)
Monday night Daddy had a softball game. Our Sunday school class has a team and we love going to the games and getting to hang out with our friends...and watch the guys play :)
Taking off after a hit!
Sometime last week (can't remember the day) I received an early birthday present in the mail from Mom-mom and Poppa. I LOVE my new shoes! Woo Pig Sooie :)
Thursday I had a Bible Study in the morning and after lunch we headed to Elliot's house and hung out for a little while. He is the sweetest little boy and always has a smile on his face. The next morning Elliot's mommy had a doctor's appointment so we got to watch him :) He was so good and Aidan had a ball leading him around and showing him all his toys.
Aidan and Elliot playing in the sandbox.
Friday afternoon Aidan and Mommy had a day date :) We went to see Madagascar 3. Aidan wasn't a big fan. The "mean lady" in the film was pretty creepy and Aidan got scared every time she came on. I have to admit that she was pretty scary and I didn't blame him at all for being afraid.
We had a full and fun Saturday. It started off early in the morning by going to Helen, GA (which is a really neat little town) where we floated down the river with our good friends the Payne's. Trent and I didn't really know what to expect with Aidan because we have never done anything like this before, but he loved it! We had such a great time with our friends and many laughs were shared :)
Daddy and Aidan
Mommy and Aidan
Crazy guy with a parrot on his shoulder...the cage was in a tube attached to his tube. The bird had his own tube! We all got a kick out of that one!
After the float we stopped and ate lunch and headed into a little shop that was attached to the restaurant.
The kiddos husbands found these crazy hats. How cute are they?! Crazy, hairy hats and all!
Every year our church has a huge family picnic and fireworks show and this was our first year to go! After the float trip we headed home, took a nap and then we headed off to church. It was HOTT but so much fun!
We had some dry ice to keep our food cold and before the fireworks began the kids got to experience a little science experiment. They had so much fun and thought it was so cool!
The fireworks display was amazing!
Sunday morning we headed to church in our red, white and blue. Ron Young, who was a POW of the Iraqi war was the special speaker and it was so amazing to hear his story. I really love our church and one of the big reasons why is because of the patriotism and the respect that is shown to our service men and women. I am so grateful for the women and men who have fought and are fighting for our family's freedom and the sacrifices that have and are being made so that we can enjoy going to church and enjoy living this American life.
Last Thanksgiving we went to Kentucky to visit Aunt Jenn and Uncle Brian. Jenn had made her own laundry detergent and I was excited to make my own too! This morning Aidan and I made our third batch of detergent in 8 months of doing it. And it only cost us about $2 to make the batch this morning and it will last us about 4 months! How awesome is that?!
This week we celebrate Independence day and my birthday :) This week is going to be fun for the Addington family!
Just an update...we ended up having to reschedule Aidan's eye appointment that was supposed to be last Friday because with Trent starting his new job last week the insurance didn't kick in until today. So we decided to reschedule and his appointment is now set for July 18th.
I took a big step this past Saturday and signed up for my first half marathon that will be in September. I'm really excited and also a little panicked. Eeek!
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36
No comments:
Post a Comment