Addington Family

Addington Family

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Year Older

It's been busy in the Addington household for the past week and I have a feeling it is going to stay that way for a while. Which is not a bad thing because everything that is keeping us busy is also a whole lot of fun! 

Last Tuesday we watched our city's fireworks display with some good friends of ours. It was a very rainy night and so everyone ended up coming over to our house and hanging out, then we all headed to find a parking spot to watch the fireworks. It couldn't have worked out any better considering all the rain, we found a spot to park and had a great view of the fireworks without getting stuck in all the traffic aftermath. It was a fun night!


We woke up early Wednesday morning and headed down to the city so I could run in the Peachtree Road Race. It is a HUGE deal in Atlanta on the fourth. There are over 60,000 people who run it and I was so excited to be a part of if this year! It was a lot of fun but very very HOT!

Aidan and Mommy before the race

All three of us!

The race is broken up into waves A-Z (with the really fast runner's running before wave A leaves). I was in wave D which was nice because I started the race at 7:40 am before it got too hot. When we were leaving at about 10:30 there was a ton of people still running! This race is a BIG deal!

Here is a picture of the wave of people I started running with. Crazy!

Wednesday night we grilled out at home and then headed to the cul-de-sac in our neighborhood to hang out with some of our neighbors and then we watched a fireworks display from our house. It was a great day of celebrating our country!

Thursday was my 24th birthday and it was a great day! It started with Aidan and I going to watch a movie with Aidan's friends Avery, Addy, Ryan and Ella and their Mommies (who happen to be my good friends too so there ya go :) After the movie we ate lunch together then Aidan and I headed home to see Daddy, who came home early for my birthday. Daddy and Aidan gave me my present, a Nike GPS watch to run with. It was just what I wanted :)

That night we went to eat sushi, Mommy's choice. Before we left Daddy took a picture of Mommy and Aidan.

Then he tried to take a picture of all three of us. I love this picture even though
you just see parts of all of us. I feel like we all just look really happy :)

Then Aidan took a picture of Mommy and Daddy. 
He did a pretty good job for a four year old :)

After dinner we came home and got to skype with Mom-Mom, Poppa, and Sissy. It was a great birthday!

Friday morning Daddy got to work from home and we all took a visit to a fire station that our friend Mr. David works at. We had the best time!

Aidan driving the firetruck :)

Daddy the fireman with Mr. David. Aidan did not even want to get near 
Daddy with the uniform on, he was terrified! Daddy made a very handsome
fireman though :)
(Sorry about the glare from the uniform)

Mr. David giving us a tour around the fire truck. We all learned a lot!

All of the kids with Mr. David

Aidan and Avery hanging out in the emergency vehicle :)

Where's Aidan and Avery?
Ha! Love this picture :)

The front of the firetruck.

Friday night I got to hang out with some of my girlfriends and get pampered with a pedicure it was so much fun! 

Saturday we ran some errands during the day then later that afternoon we headed to a pool party with our Sunday School class. It was a lot of fun hanging out with our good friends!

Sunday morning we woke up and headed to church. After church we all went to Jack-Bo's third birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. This was Aidan's first time to go where he really enjoyed it. He had a blast! Jack is such an awesome little man and we had so much fun celebrating his birthday! 

Daddy and Aidan playing :)




Jack's birthday was spider man themed and here's the bday boy with his 
spidey suit on :) (best picture I could get of him)

Aidan with his buddy Jack-Bo!

Sunday afternoon I headed back to church to help my friend finish up decorating our room for VBS. Mrs. Cathi had already done a lot and it looked great I just helped finishing up the little stuff. Our church is so great because they take VBS to the extreme and it is awesome! This year is Aidan and my first year to do VBS and I am helping Mrs. Cathi teach. VBS started yesterday and it has been crazy but so much fun! Our church really does an amazing job and there a lot of children who attend, which is so great because it really is a community event. 

Here are some pictures of our room:
The theme this year is Amazing Wonder's Aviation




VBS lasts until Thursday and then this coming Sunday Aunt Jeannie and Cousin Caleb are coming to visit us for about a week. We are so looking forward to seeing them and spending some time with them! Busy times in the Addington household and we wouldn't want it any other way. God has blessed us so much and I love that this week we get to have so much fun sharing his word and love!

"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:16

1 comment:

  1. Love that you had such an awesome birthday week! And love that we got to see you Sat, Sun AND Mon! After VBS we will get together again soon! :-) Cute pics and so glad you guys came to Jack's birthday!

    ReplyDelete