We have had a fun and busy couple of weeks. Memorial day we got up and headed to the Chattahoochee to do some fishing...well Trent and Aidan fished while I read a book :) That afternoon we grilled out with some good friends of ours and had a blast!
Aidan fished for about 5 minutes then played in the sand
and in the river
While we were "fishing", a family of geese came and visited us.
I'm pretty sure they were looking for some food but we didn't
have anything for them.They hung out for a while, then decided
that they weren't going to get anything from us and left :)
Since Memorial day we have spent our time swimming and working on some home improvement projects.
Aidan and I have spent a lot of time at the pool so far this summer, whether swimming with friends or at the pool in our neighborhood. The first trip he was afraid to get in the water even with floaties on. It was frustrating to me because last summer he was swimming like crazy with his floaties.We worked on it the first couple trips to the pool and on the third trip he became a little fish :) He still won't jump off the side and doesn't like to go under water but part of it, Trent and I think, is because of his eyes and his depth perception, and I believe part of it is that he just has too much mommy in him. He if VERY cautious!
We are loving our new house and it has been fun making it our home! Our last two projects centered around our dining room table.
We made a trip to Home Goods (which is now one of my favorite stores :) and found
a table runner, centerpiece and place mats. It made a world of difference!
We bought the table off of Craigslist, so the chairs had some stains on the cushions. We made a trip to Hobby Lobby (another one of my favorite stores :) and picked out some material to
reupholster our table chairs. I LOVE the way the chairs look now, Shish did an awesome job!
Aidan wanted to be in the picture too :) Love my stinky!
(Before on the left and After on the right)
Last weekend Shish and Aidan washed the jeeps :) I love this picture!
Aidan driving his Jeep to the pool. Mommy got to follow behind, basically running to
keep up :)
This weekend we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and we had pickles to put on the burgers.
We finished off the pickles and Shish talked Aidan into drinking the pickle juice from the jar...yuck!
Of course he loved it and then he made Shish try it too. The gross part is that they both liked it! I need a
another girl in this family :)
Just a random silly picture of little man and mommy!
We go back to the eye doctor in a couple weeks to get some more measurements and schedule
surgery. I came across this picture in my phone and noticed his eyes in it. His left eye is focusing on me but his right eye is looking off a little. Trent and I really haven't noticed it too much but recently
we have noticed more and this picture really shows it.
Trent and I love our little man so much! He is such a great little boy and when I begin to feel frustrated with him I always try to take a deep breath and just remember how blessed I am to have such an amazing son and husband. God has blessed us so greatly and this past couple weeks we have really seen his hand at work. What an amazing God we serve and love!
"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3-4
Vicki, you are so special! Love this post. Didn't realize that surgery had been decided for Aidan. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on the chairs!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your new house. :) We're working on dates!
Everything will go smoothly with his eye surgery, don't let it worry you. He is getting so big! Enjoy every single second, because you'll blink and he'll be taller than you. Both of our girls are almost as tall as me and I could have sworn that I was changing their diapers yesterday. :)
Love you all bunches!!!