Addington Family

Addington Family

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Here Comes Spring

So life has just been chugging along for us down here in Atlanta. We've been pretty busy but haven't really been up to anything out of the ordinary. Aidan and I made it to a big consignment sale last week and once again there weren't a whole lot of option for boys :( We did manage to snag a few pretty cool things...

Like his first Braves jersey :) 

And a cool Noah's Ark toy...that he is loving!

Aidan and I made a trip to the mall this past Thursday to pick up some summer clothes. Which was sad because I now have to shop in the big boy section :( My baby is growing up so fast! After we finished shopping we HAD to ride the carousel :)
Yesterday afternoon Shish got to leave work early and we headed to the movies as a family to see the Lorax. We just recently bought the book (which is crazy because I really thought we had every Dr. Seuss book ever made...and I was pretty sure I had read all of them!) The movie was good but Aidan got bored towards the end and was ready to leave (it may have had something to do with the fact that he finished his big bag of candy in the first 30 mins of the movie :). After the movie we went and had dinner with some friends of ours and ended up staying at the restaurant for over 2 hours. Trent and I have prayed regularly for good Christian friends and God has provided and still is...I don't know why I every doubted Him! Working on that.

This morning we got up and headed to a friend's birthday party. It was Minnie Mouse themed and was so cute. It has been a beautiful day here in ATL and it was perfect for a bouncy house outside :) All the kids had a blast!

After the birthday party we headed to Dick's sporting goods to look at some golf clubs we are planning on getting Aidan for his birthday and we also looked at the camping supplies (we plan on camping this summer with some friends and are needing to start our collection of camping equipment). While checking out the tents we came across the kayaks and canoes. Aidan (and Shish) are wanting one so Aidan took it upon himself to climb right in :)

This next week is going to be exciting because we are headed up to Kentucky on Thursday to spend some time with Aunt Jenn, Uncle Brian, Anna and Holly. We are all super excited, especially Aidan! Also our one year anniversary is coming up next Monday. Spring is in the air and right around the corner and we are looking forward to all the events coming up in the next couple of months! 

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:3

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys have been having fun!
    I'm so thankful that God is sending those special friends to help your transition.

    We are VERY excited to see you all!!! Hurry up Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I didn't read your all above post yet I had to comment.I saw your blog on the time warp wife and OH MY GOODNESS ANOTHER ADDINGTON!!!!!!
    My maiden name is Addington, according to my parents my fathers family is from Georgia, and we are in KY! this is too wild
    Wonder if you are related?
    email dawnbeard@fuse.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that is pretty crazy! We are from Arkansas originally and don't really know if we have family here in Georgia. But I have family in Kentucky so that is kind of crazy in itself :) Nice to meet another Addington in such a unique way.

      Delete