This move was easier in a few different ways. We didn't have to pack or move all of our stuff, which was amazing!! Ace is a little older, so that helps but is also a little trickier at the same time. Last time we moved he was 3 months old and it was rough, this time he was 13 months old. He can entertain himself better and he takes somewhat scheduled naps. But on the other hand he is into EVERYTHING!!
I took this picture while I was trying to unpack some kitchen stuff. I gave him my measuring spoons and let him play. It lasted all of 5 mins :)
He had fun pushing all the boxes around and climbing in them.
Unpacking the play area was his favorite though. It was like Christmas all over again!
We have been missing bubba SO much during the day.
The bus stop was a little snowy last Tuesday when I picked him up, welcome to MN!
He loves school and is doing so well.
He aced his first spelling test.
So proud!!
We had a full day this past Saturday. We started off with a pancake breakfast and then spent some time playing with hotwheels.
Then we went to the library and picked up our MN library card. Very exciting!
Then little brother got his first hair cut. I originally did not want to cut his hair, but we decided it was probably time. Ace was NOT a fan of the hair cutting process. He sat really still but cried the entire time (which was all of 3 mins). It was all new for him, plus he refused to take a nap that morning so it was a combination of things. Aidan got his first hair cut on his 1st birthday, so I thought it was time for Ace to get his cut. I miss his sweet little curls, but he looks so handsome (and grown up) with it cut. It's just hair and if we decide that we really miss his little curls we can always let it grow back out.
After Ace's hair cut, we went by and picked up a snowboard for Aidan. He has been wanting one ever since we got here. After a quick lunch, we all bundled up and went and found a good sledding hill.
We had SO much fun!! We all took turns sledding.
Ace loved it and Aidan had an absolute blast!!
Then Daddy and Aidan practiced some snow boarding.
Ace and I sat in the sled and cheered big brother on. He had so much fun and he really did pretty well for never having done it before.
His falls are the BEST! hahaha
Sunday we visited a church. Then went out for lunch at Chili's.
Ace in his "man" sweater that Sissy got him for Christmas.
And this silly boy. We are in a crazy, emotional stage with this boy and sometimes it is really tough. But most of the time he is cracking us up and being an amazing big brother!
That afternoon I went out for a run/walk. It was about 25 degrees outside, but by the time I was done I was sweating like crazy! It felt so good to get back outside. It has been a few months since I have really done much exercising at all, and I felt it the next day!
After dinner we played Monopoly Jr. (Thanks Mom-Mom and Poppa!)
We had a lot of fun!
Just a side note: while we were playing Ace was sitting back behind Trent throwing toys down the stairs to the basement. We have a gate up and he was sticking them through the holes of the gate. He is such a stinker!
We sent Aidan's Valentines box into school, his theme this year is legos.
This picture is from this morning.
Sweet baby was checking out the pretty snow falling.
Minnesota is like another world. It is very different but we are adjusting and figuring things out as we go along. Can't wait to see what God has in store for us!
"For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to posses." Deuteronomy 30:16

















Love this story and miss you all at the same time!!
ReplyDelete