Daddy's last day of his old job was the 31st, so for the rest of the week he was unemployed and we got to have some uninterrupted family time.
On New Years day we had an early dinner at a Hibachi restaurant.
Acey boy was very intrigued about it all :)
On Friday we went to the aquarium one last time.
Aidan said goodbye to his friend Pork fish.
The boys both had fun looking at all the colorful fish!
Saturday morning little brother had his first taste of a powdered donut and he liked it :)
We ran some errands, and then went to Academy so Daddy and Aidan could spend their Academy gift cards that they got for Christmas.
That night our friends the Payne's came over to eat pizza and hang out.
Ace and Anna took a little ride together :)
Sunday morning we woke up and the boys snuggled with Daddy for a bit. Then we all went to church and the boys and I dropped Daddy off at the airport. He headed to MN to start his new job!
Ace and Aidan played with trains while I started packing.
I think Acey boy is going to like trains just like his big bubba!
Wednesday afternoon the boys and I loaded up on the plane to head to MN!
They did really well, Ace had about a 5 min stint of screaming and then he fell asleep.
5 minutes may not sound like a long time but when you're on a plane it feels like an eternity!!
We made it to MN and were so excited to see Daddy!
On Thursday we went with a real estate agent and looked at about 5 different houses, it snowed pretty much all day. There were two houses that we liked a lot and we ended up choosing the house that had the best school ratings. We love our new house and can't wait to move into it and get settled!
Daddy had to work on Friday, so the boys and I went to the Mall of America and spent about 3 hours walking around checking it all out.
Saturday morning the boys got dressed in their matching outfits from Mom-Mom and Poppa :)
We drove around Minneapolis and tried to find some more winter gear. Then we headed to our new house and signed our lease. So exciting to have a house!
While we were at the new house Daddy and Aidan played in the snow for a little while. It was cold!!
(Like 5 degrees cold!)
Sunday we visited a church and then went and had lunch. That afternoon the boys and I headed back home. We miss our Daddy and can't wait to be moved and for us to all be back together again!
When we got home Aidan took off his stocking hat and had some crazy hair. I think this is the style he is going to be sporting for the next couple of months :)
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14














I'm so excited for you and so glad you found a house! Can't wait to visit and get some hugs and kisses!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you all in this transistion. I know God has great things in store for you all!