Addington Family

Addington Family

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sept 3- Sept 9 (Days 246-252)

September 3
(Day 246)

I have been trying to make a point to walk at least 4 mornings a week, and Ace gets to go along for the ride. I love how his little hand is grabbing the cup holder :)

While Momma did some laundry Ace chewed on Olaf ;)

September 4
(Day 247)

Aidan was chosen by his teacher for the KM Extraordinary Student of the month. We are so proud of him!! 

This is what his teacher wrote about him in the weekly newsletter:

   Congratulations to Aidan Debacco for being named our Extraordinary Student this month. Aidan has shown responsibilty, is very well mannered,  and is a model citizen in our classroom.  When I asked the class who they thought should earn the award, several already knew it had to be Aidan.  This confirmed that even the kids feel that he has earned this honor.  Way to go Aidan!

We told him he could pick something that he wanted and we would get it for him to celebrate his award. He chose a US Atlas book :) We went to Barnes and Noble to try to find it and they didn't have it. He was so bummed, but some frozen yogurt made it better! And the fact that we ordered the book online :)

Sept 5
(Day 248)

Friday morning Ace and I had an eventful play date at the park. I was talking to some fellow moms and all of a sudden Ace started crying hysterically. I looked down and saw a yellow jacket on his hand. I swatted it away and looked all over his hand and didn't see anything. Then I saw that he was drooling A LOT and his bottom lip started swelling. I believe that the yellow jacket landed on his hand and then he put his hand in his mouth and it stung his bottom lip. It's safe to say that I flipped out a little. I took him to the doctor to get it checked out and by the time we got to the doctor's office both his little lips had swelled up. They gave him some benadryl and made sure he didn't have an allergic reaction and then we headed home. I thought that we would go home and he would take a great nap. He fell asleep for about 30 mins then was wide awake for the rest of the day. Apparently benadryl has the opposite affect on Ace. After a couple of hours the swelling went down and he was back to his normal self. 

Poor little buddy and his puffy lips.

We picked up Aidan and his friend David from the bus stop and came back home and the boys played. Ace wanted to play too :)

September 6
(Day 249)

Saturday, Aidan had his first soccer game of the season. He played hard and made a couple of good plays. He had a great time, but man, was it hot!!!

That night we went and had dinner at Five Guys. 
These boys were being silly :)

September 7
(Day 250)

Sunday our church had Kick-Off Sunday to celebrate the end of summer and beginning of the school year. We dressed in our Razorback attire and tailgated after church while watching the Falcons play. We had a great time with our friends!

September 8
(Day 251)

Monday after school, "other" Aidan and Mrs. Lisa came over to play. The boys had fun playing together, while the momma's (and Ace) caught up.

Daddy has had a busy couple of weeks, so after dinner we went for a much needed family walk.

September 9
(Day 252)

I realized that I haven't taken many sleeping Ace pictures, so I took one after I got him down for his nap. Sweet sweaty boy :)

Tuesday is our crazy busy day, and we ended the day with soccer practice. When we got home we all crashed!

"He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment