School starts on Thursday of this week, so our summer 2013 is quickly coming to an end. It has
been a fantastic summer!
A couple of Sunday's ago, I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine in our Sunday
School class and Daddy and Aidan went fishing (surprise..surprise :)
Not only did Aidan catch his first fish...he caught his first NINE fish!
Daddy said he was SO excited and I think it is safe to say that Daddy was pretty
excited himself :)
Last Thursday Aidan and I picked up Daddy from his office and went and had lunch. It was on our
Summer bucket list and we really wanted to mark it off and have a nice lunch with daddy :)
After lunch we got to go inside Daddy's work. Neither I or Aidan had ever been in Daddy's building.
We got to meet a lot of Daddy's coworkers/friends and it was nice to put faces with
names. We had a fun time visiting!
After our visit, Aidan and I set off to finish our school shopping. We went to the mall to get some shoes
and while we were there Aidan got to ride the carousel. We had a really fun day and we were exhausted by the end of it!
Friday we went swimming with our friends Addy and Avery and Aidan jumped off the side of the pool
for the first time ever! We are so proud of our Aidan boy, he has accomplished so much this
summer with swimming!
Saturday we all went to Jack-Bo's 4th and Lander's 1st birthday party. We didn't get to stay a long time, but Aidan had fun while we were there!
That evening we went to a Kenny Chesney concert with our great friends Jeremy and Stacey.
We had a great time! The Zac Brown Band performed as well and they rocked it!! Such a fun night!
Stacey and I at the concert.
I'm looking pretty pregnant these days :)
Sunday after church we went to lunch and then headed to a hunting expo. Aidan got to see some cool animals, like this massive lion...
but his favorite part by far was getting to see this guy...
Mountain Man
Emmm..Hmmm
It is so funny, Aidan's favorite character on Duck Dynasty is Mountain Man. Have no idea why, he say's
he is funny because he talks so slow and he really does! He stood there and talked to us for a good few minutes, with a line waiting behind us and he had already been there for 3 and a half hours! He was really great!
After we met him we were walking around some of the booths and we stopped at a booth that had Christian based hunting camps and father/son hunting camps. They told us that Sunday morning they had a worship service at the expo and Mountain Man spoke. He told them that he had been saved when he was a young boy but strayed while he was growing up. He
said that Jase kept on him about it for the past couple of years and that one night he met with Phil and they had a long discussion and he committed his life to Christ again just about a year ago. Very cool!
I love this picture of my boys with MM. They all look so happy :)
Today was Kindergarten round up for Aidan's elementary school. We woke up early (getting ready for the real deal) and headed to the bus stop to ride the bus up to the school. There are a lot of up coming kindergartners that live in our neighborhood and two of them live right next door.
Here are the neighbors waiting patiently for the bus :)
Aidan loading the bus...can't lie got a little teary eyed watching him climb the steps.
He is growing up WAY too fast!
Riding the bus to school
We got to meet his teacher Ms. Gravitt and look around the school. Mommy volunteered for about everything I could. Yes, I plan on spending as much time at the school as I can :) Aidan's teacher seems very sweet and he is very excited to start kindergarten...Mommy on the other hand is not quite there yet, but there is not much I can do about it. I know one thing, I will be praying!
As summer 2013 comes to a close, I can look back and say it has been our best summer yet!
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Wow! What a little fisherman! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable with your little baby bump! Very beautiful too!
When we saw you post that pic of Mtn Man on FB, Brian wanted me to ask if he really talked that slow. I guess he does; too funny!
I can't believe he is already starting Kindergarten! Such a handsome big boy! Did you get to ride the bus with him for the first day?! That is great!
Glad you all had a great summer and I'm looking very forward to seeing you all soon.